Tuesday 29 March 2011

Introduction

Hi, I'm Brian. I have been working for the past few years on building equipment and a decent repertoire of 50s and 60s music for what I call Black Box Band. I got the idea because my main midi console is a big black box when it is packed up for transport. I have two computers inside of it running software like Real Band by PG Music which is very similar to Band in a Box, also by PG. Lots of other software produces very realistic sounds like Real Guitar by Music Lab, B4II (Hammond B3 sounds) by Native Instruments, Gigastudio 3 by Tascam (now sold) and Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 (who bought the Gigastudio rights).

I created a website a while back called http://www.black-box-band.com/ but I also have the name http://www.blackboxband.ca/. It's pretty low key, since I'm only doing this for the enjoyment and maybe I can bring some joy to others with my music. I have assembled pretty well everything that I need to make my music and have learned 250 songs so far, mostly 50s and 60s songs that I really like.

I have decided to create this blog to document my journey from here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment